Homfer Services knows that you care how information about you is used and shared, and we appreciate your trust that we will do so carefully and sensibly.
Homfer or Homfer Services, or Homfer.com, Homfer.us, Homfer.co.uk, Homfer.fr, Homfer.de, Homfer.it, Homfer.es, Homfer.pl, Homfer.ru are the trading names for Homfer, Inc. This websits are owned and operated by Homfer, Inc.
- What Personal Information About Customers Does Homfer.com Gather?
- What About Cookies?
- Does Homfer.com Share the Information it Receives?
- How Secure Is Information About Me?
- What About Third-Party Advertisers and Links to Other Websites?
- What Information Can I Access?
- What Choices Do I Have?
- Are Children Allowed to Use Homfer.com?
- Notices and Revisions.
- Examples of Information Collected.
What Personal Information About Customers Does Homfer.com Gather?
The information we learn from customers helps us personalize and continually improve your shopping experience at Homfer.com We use the information to handle orders, deliver products and services, process payments, communicate with you about orders, products, services and promotional offers, update our records and generally maintain your accounts with us, display content such as wish lists and customer reviews and recommend merchandise and services that might be of interest to you. We also use this information to improve our store and platform, prevent or detect fraud or abuses of our website and enable third parties to carry out technical, logistical or other functions on our behalf.
Here are the types of information we gather:
- Information You Give Us: we receive and store any information you enter on our website or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customizing future shopping for you, improving our stores, and communicating with you.
- Automatic Information: we receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many websites, we use "cookies" and we obtain certain types of information when your web browser accesses Homfer.com or advertisements and other content served by or on behalf of Homfer.com on other websites.
- Mobile: When you download or use apps created by Homfer or its Affiliates, or its subsidiaries and, where applicable, have requested or consented to location services, we may receive information about your location and your mobile device, including a unique identifier for your device. We may use this information to provide you with location-based services, such as search results, and other personalized content. Most mobile devices allow you to turn off location services.
- E-mail Communications: to help us make e-mails more useful and interesting, we often receive a confirmation when you open e-mail from Homfer.com, if your computer supports such capabilities. We also compare our customer list to lists received from other companies in an effort to avoid sending unnecessary messages to our customers. If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please adjust your customer communication preferences.
- Information From Other Sources: we might receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information.
What About Cookies?
Does Homfer.com Share the Information it Receives?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business and we are not in the business of selling it to others. Homfer.com shares customer information only as described below and with its subsidiaries and Affiliates.
- Affiliated Businesses We Do Not Control: We work closely with affiliated businesses. You can tell when a third party is involved in your transactions and we share customer information related to those transactions with that third party.
- Third Party Service Providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing payments, store data and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes. Further, they must process the personal information in accordance with this Privacy Notice and as permitted by applicable data protection laws.
- Promotional Offers: Sometimes we send offers to selected groups of Homfer.com customers on behalf of other businesses. When we do this, we do not give that business your name and address. If you do not want to receive such offers, please adjust your customer communication preferences.
- Business Transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy stores, subsidiaries or business units. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing Privacy Notice (unless, of course, the customer consents otherwise). Also, in the unlikely event that substantially all of Homfer.com assets are acquired, customer information will of course be one of the transferred assets.
- Protection of Homfer.com and Others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our Conditions of Use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property or safety of Homfer.com, our users or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction. Obviously, however, this does not include selling, renting, sharing or otherwise disclosing personally identifiable information from customers for commercial purposes in a way that is contrary to the commitments made in this Privacy Notice.
- With Your Consent: other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
Whenever we transfer personal information to countries outside of the European Economic Area in the course of sharing information as set out above, we will ensure that the information is transferred in accordance with this Privacy Notice and as permitted by the applicable laws on data protection.
How Secure is Information About Me?
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
- We or our Affiliates reveal only the last four digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order. Of course, we or our Affiliates transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing.
- We or our Affiliates maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage and disclosure of personally identifiable customer information. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we disclose personal information to you.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when you finish using a shared computer.
What About Third-Party Advertisers and Links to Other Websites?
Our site may include third-party advertising and links to other Web sites. For more information about third-party advertising at Homfer.com, including personalized or interest-based ads, please read our Cookies & Internet Advertising policy.
What Information Can I Access?
Homfer.com gives you access to a broad range of information about your account and your interactions with Homfer.com for the limited purpose of viewing and, in certain cases, updating that information.
What Choices Do I Have?
- As discussed above, you can always choose not to provide information, even though it might be needed to make a purchase or to take advantage of such Homfer.com features as Your Profile, Wish Lists, Customer Reviews .
- You can add or update certain information on your account section. When you update information, we usually keep a copy of the previous version for our records.
- If you don't want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please adjust your customer communication preferences. (If you do not want to receive Conditions of Use and other legal notices from us, such as this Privacy Notice, those notices will still govern your use of Homfer.com and orders placed with Homfer.com, and it is your responsibility to review them for changes.)
- If you don't want us to use personal information that we gather to allow third parties to personalize advertisements we display to you, please adjust your advertising preferences.
Are Children Allowed to Use Homfer.com?
Homfer.com doesn't sell products for purchase by children. We sell children's products for purchase by adults. If you're under 18, you may use Homfer.com only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
Conditions of Use, Notices & Revisions
If you have any concern about privacy at Homfer.com, please contact us with a thorough description and we will try to resolve the issue for you.
Our business changes constantly and our Privacy Notice and the Conditions of Use will change also. We may e-mail periodic reminders of our notices and conditions, unless you have instructed us not to, but you should check our website frequently to see recent changes. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all information that we have about you and your account. We stand behind the promises we make, however, and will never materially change our policies and practices to make them less protective of customer information collected in the past without the consent of affected customers.
Examples of Information Collected
Information You Give Us
You provide most such information when you search, buy, post, participate in a contest or questionnaire or communicate with customer service. For example, you provide information when you: search for a product; place an order through Homfer.com or one of our third-party sellers; provide information in Your Account (and you might have more than one if you have used more than one e-mail address when shopping with us) or your Your Profile; communicate with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise; complete a questionnaire or a contest entry form; use our services; compile Wish Lists or other gift registries; participate in Discussion Boards or other community features; provide and rate Customer Reviews; specify a Special Occasion Reminder; and employ Product Availability Alerts, such as Available to Order Notifications. As a result of those actions, you might supply us with such information as: your name; address and phone number; credit card information; people to whom purchases have been dispatched (including addresses and phone numbers); people (with addresses and phone numbers) listed in 1-Click settings; e-mail addresses of your friends and other people; content of reviews and e-mails to us; personal description and photograph in your Your Profile; and financial information.
Most mobile devices provide users with the ability to disable location services. Most likely, these controls are located in the device's settings menu. For information about specific devices, click here. If you have questions about how to disable your device's location services, we recommend you contact your mobile service carrier or your device manufacturer.
Information From Other Sources
Examples of information we receive from other sources include: updated delivery and address information from our carriers or other third parties, which we use to correct our records and deliver your next purchase or communication more easily; account information, purchase or redemption information and page-view information from some merchants with which we operate co-branded businesses or for which we provide technical, fulfillment, advertising or other services; search term and search result information from some searches conducted through the Web search features offered by our subsidiary or Affilites; search results and links, including paid listings (such as Sponsored Links); and credit history information from credit bureaus, which we use to help prevent and detect fraud and to offer certain credit or financial services to some customers.
Co-Branded & Joint Offerings
We may from time to time offer joint or co-branded products and services.
Information You Can Access
Examples of information you can access easily at Homfer.com include: up-to-date information regarding recent orders; personally identifiable information (including name, e-mail, password, communications and personalized advertising preferences, address book and 1-Click settings); payment settings (including credit-card information and gift voucher, gift card and cheque balances); e-mail notification settings (including Product Availability Alerts, Delivers, Special Occasion Reminders, and newsletters); recommendations (including Recommended for You and Improve Your Recommendations); shopping lists and gift registries (including Wish Lists) Seller accounts and Your Profile (including your product Reviews, Recommendations, any lists, Reminders and personal profile).
Cookies and How We Use Them
- keeping a track of the session to facilitate your future use of the site and to identify if you join a registration pipeline.
- conducting research and diagnostics to improve Homfer’s content, products and services.
Cookies and Browser Settings
The Help menu on the menu bar of most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie and how to disable cookies altogether. Additionally, you can disable or delete similar data used by browser add-ons, such as Flash cookies, by changing the add-on’s settings or visiting the website of its manufacturer.
Third Party Cookies